Curbside Cupcakes docked one of their (three!!!) pink trucks on Colesville road today and I HAD to give them a try!
No more waiting in lines at Georgetown Cupcake, Red Velvet Cupcakery, Hello Cupcake, Frosting or any of the other boutique shops dotting the city like sprinkles. No, Curbside Cupcakes brings the confections to you!
Like with all of the food trucks – follow them on facebook and/or twitter to see where they will be visiting. The bright pink Curbside Cupcake trucks carry a rotating menu of flavors, so if they are en-route to a parking space near YOU, check out their daily options before heading out on their website. Cupcakes are $3 each, $15 for a “six pack” or $27 for a dozen. Bring cash unless you plan on getting at least 6 – credit cards are only accepted for purchases of $15 or more.
I picked up 6 assorted cupcakes and headed back to the office. Let me tell you – I have some very happy co-workers.
The cupcakes were moist and topped with crowns of frosting that were flavorful and not TOO sweet.
The following reviews were overheard as the cupcakes were devoured and (in some cases) reluctantly shared:
- Peanut Butter Cup – “This is the best cupcake I have ever had. Seriously!!!!”
- Vanilla – “…” (eaten too quickly for comment)
- German Chocolate – “Rich! Chocolate cake was moist and Coconut/Pecan frosting was gooey.”
- Raspberry Lemonade – “Not what I was expecting but delicious combo of fruity frosting and vanilla cake”
- Red Velvet – “Cream Cheese Icing is divine – cake is REALLY red and looks like it would stain”
- Carrot Cake – “A delicious diet buster…”
Keep an eye out for a pink truck full of cupcakes on a street near you… (your co-workers will appreciate it)!